The magazine was directed also by Gabriele D’Annunzio and had its office in the Sciarra Palace.
Giulio de Angelis, an architect with a style that often featured cast iron, worked on the restructuring of this building complex and was the designer of the Sciarra Gallery.
He planned out a cruciform, pedestrian courtyard that would have at one time been covered by iron and glass.
The entrance halls feature painted cast iron columns that are load-bearing even though they appear thin and light.
All of the gallery’s decorations are of the Liberty Style including the frescoes, the wrought-iron, and terracotta elements.
It was all created by the painter Giuseppe Cellini under the direction of the scholar Giulio Salvadori, keeping with the theme of his iconographic work: “Glorification of the Woman”.
The upper panel features the depiction of the feminine values as elegant ladies, many of which are real portraits of some of the artists more beautiful, aristocratic friends.
In the scroll above each figure is the name of the represented virtue: Modesty, Clear-Mindedness, Strength, Humility, Prudence, Patience, Courtesy, Kindness, Faithfulness, Love, Mercy, and Justice.
On the first floor, there is also a picture displaying the date of completion in Roman numerals: MDCCCLXXXVIII, 1888.
The lower panel displays scenes from the everyday life of middle class women, in which a young woman is shown doing activities such as gardening, making lunch, practicing music, charity, beauty care, and polite conversation.